Legal Expenses and Rent Guarantee Insurance
Is your rental income at risk?
The NRLA has partnered with Rentguard Insurance, to provide Legal Expenses & Rent Guarantee insurance. The intention of the Legal Expenses & Rent Guarantee policy is to cover rental payments if the tenants default on the rent whilst also covering the legal costs for evicting the tenants. Please see the policy wording for the full terms and conditions that apply to the policy.
Evicting your tenants and trying to regain possession of your property can often be a costly battle. When you take out Legal Expenses & Rent Guarantee insurance with Rentguard, you off-set some of the risk attached with tenants defaulting on rental payments whilst still occupying your property.
- A 12 month policy term with an excess - the excess is defined as an amount equal to two (2) months’ Rent
- A mediation service is available during the claims process
- Up to 5 tenants can be covered on one policy (single tenancy agreement)
- Cover can be offered for an existing tenancy agreement (90 days exclusion period will apply)
The maximum amount payable in respect of an Insured Event is as follows:
- Mediation Adviser Costs: £330
- Eviction Adviser Costs: £1,250
- Maximum Monthly Rent: £1,500
- Maximum Rent payable: 6 Months or the end of the Tenancy Period whichever is the lesser
Non-members looking to purchase this policy can request a quote here but will miss out on NRLA member only discounts.
Please note that any contract for the supply of goods/services will be made between you and the provider of the goods/services; not with the National Residential Landlords Association or any of its associated companies. The NRLA has no liability in relation to any contract entered into by you as the NRLA only acts as an introducer.