Rent Arrears

1 Thanks
5 Posts
13 years ago
We have recently obtained possession of a property after the tenant has left owing rent.

We earlier obtained a County Court Judgment for part of rent arrears. However, more rent have arrears accumulated since the first CCJ.

We do not have a new residential address for the ex-tenant, but we do have his employment details. We have 2 questions therefore:

1. Can we serve an attachment of earnings notice on the ex-tenant, using his work address?

2. We would also like to issue a County Court Summons for the remainder of the rent, in case it is possible to recover it at some time in the future. Again, can we issue it to him at his work address?

Your advice would be much appreciated

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.