Tenants breaking contract and leaving the country what can I do??
Rent Arrears

Mr H-S
Mr H-S
0 Thanks
2 Posts
15 years ago
Hi I have a 12 month AST with no break clause and a clause stating my expenses for recovery of enforcing the agreement will be met by the tenants.

They gave me one months notice and wish to vacat the property not paying 3 months rent and want their depsoit back. The agreement in in black and white stating they have broken their agreement I know I am in full rights to hold their depsoit but my question is :

What can I do to get them to pay out the remaining rent they are obligd to do if they are moving to canada?

I know they are squeaky clean tenants who do not wnat any bad credit can.

I was going to send a solicitors letter stating my terms to pay 2 months more rent and for me to keep deposit ( letting them of 2 months rent) and that I will fiel for ccj)

will this have any effect whilst they have left?

please advise

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.