Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
4 Posts
11 years ago
Student tenant signed a contract to start on 1 July 2012. She stayed a few nights in the summer, but never turned up for Uni and it was eventually found out that she had failed her previous course and they would not let her start again. Eventually, the other tenants got someone to take her contract over and all signed a Deed of Assignment of Tenancy. She owes £900 for the time she was a tenant. £225 is lodged with the DPS still as deposit. I have requested repayment but she has not answered. I have emailed her and sent text messages, but she has a habit of just ignoring problems, as her friends have told me. I am more than willing to work with her and accept regular part payments and do not really want to go to Court and incur any further costs to her or me. I am about to send a letter to her home address by registered mail and wonder if this is the correct thing to do.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.