Do I wait to rent my flat quandary
General Discussion

Matt C
Matt C
0 Thanks
6 Posts
2 months ago
0

Hello there

Looking for some advice from those who might be more experienced in letting properties than me. I understand this is a subjective issue.

I have a new build flat that I am currently furnishing, almost complete, and has been on the rental market for about four weeks. I have had a moderate amount of interest, with four viewings in that time. One couple who seem like they will be great tenants have said that they want the property but cannot commit to moving in until June. They are willing to pay the rental asking price of £1195. My dilemma is do I wait until June and pay two months more mortgage payments or do I continue to advertise it and maybe lower the rental asking price to get more interest? I am conscious that I could be receiving income on the property now rather than waiting two months until they can move in. However the flipside is I may not get anyone in that time anyway and I will have lowered the rental asking price and I may also get a less desirable tenant in. Any advice much appreciated. 

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.