Section 8
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
18 Posts
2 months ago


I have a tenant in my HMO who is being difficult, missed 1 months rent so far and has told me to 'take him to court'. We are only in month 2 of a 6 month fixed term.

In this situation my understanding is that I cannot use a section 21 (The assured short hold tenancy is the template from NRLA). So I would need to go down the Section 8 route. Can I do this myself or do I need a solicitor? What's the process, any help or advice welcome!

Thank you 

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.