new tax year
Tax Planning and Financial

Eastcote landlord
Eastcote landlord
0 Thanks
16 Posts
3 weeks ago

I recently sold a property with the exchange taking place in the old tax year but completion took place in the new tax year. 

Which year do I delcare the sale in for my self assessment. I didn't make any capital gain on the property so can I claim the profit on my  remaining property against the capital loss?


Many thanks, Peter

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.