tenant in womans refuge so no address for court order
Rent Arrears

1 Thanks
19 Posts
14 years ago
I have a former tenant who owes me £160. She left owing this money and giving no notice. I have since spoke to her and it was agreed in writing that she would repay the debt at £20 per week. I have had 1 payment from her. That was 3 weeks ago. She is on benefit so I cannot get attachment orders. I have looked at trying to reclaim through the courts but she is currently in a womens refuge with her children. I am not allowed the address according to both her and social services. Is there any way around this address problem for a court order? Can I send it via the social services officer involved with her case? Any help would be appreciated.

Its the principle of the matter rather than the sum involved.
Thanks xxx

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.