Tenant request for eviction notice.
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
43 Posts
1 month ago

My tenant who is receiving Universal Credit wants me to serve her with section 21 notice. Her aim is to get a council property  as she will be classified as  homeless with two young children, when she takes the section 21 notice to them. From past experience, I know that she will be told to stay there until I sought possesion through the court. And as we all know she will still be there until I go back to apply for the bailiffs to carry out the eviction. All this will be at a cost. 

My question is, can I ask for a rent increase to help me meet the cost of the eviction, as the process is most likely going to take longer than 3 months? The rent has never been increased since she started living in the flat in 2019.

Any comments and the right way to go about this will be highly appreciated.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.