County court application for arrears when tenant claiming disrepair
Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
6 Posts
13 years ago
My tenant owes a substantial amount of rent. He is claiming disrepair but I strongly contest this and have documents and receipts to prove it. I am wondering when applying to county court for payment of the arrears if I need to go into detail regards this, or even mention it on the particulars of claim. Or should I simply detail the arrears without mentioning the tenants allegations and fight my corner in court.
I am sure the tenant will argue his case in his written defence and am concerned that when the case reaches court the judge will have heard and absorbed his argument and not mine, meaning I am already on the back foot.
Also do i need to present my receipts etc at this stage or simply take them to court.

p.s I have already served a section 21 on the tenant, so that sid of hings is taken care of.
Many thanks.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.