new tenants already in arrears
Rent Arrears

NRLA Landlord Support
NRLA Landlord Support
13 years ago
You need to re-check your references.
You can issue s8 when they owe 2 months.
Write to the council housing benefit dept and state they are in arrears and ask that if the tenant is in receipt of Local Housing Allowance that they pay you direct. If the tenant is working issue a small claims summons
Dave A

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.