rent arrears
Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
1 Posts
13 years ago
Hi just read your message about housing benefit tenants, they can be a pain!!However it is possible to get the HB paid into the landlords/agents account, but you need to show that the tenants are in arrears, over two months and that you are in the process of serving them with apropriate notices for non-payment of rent. In essence you have to show that the tenant is a vunerable tenant and is not able to manage thier financial committments very well. If you have the tenants agreement for this, then it may be useful to arrange a meeting with the tenants and the LA at the same time to discuss the issue (something that i have done, as the agent) also mot LA's have landlord forum meetings which you can attend which helps to keep landlords and their agents updated with current issues. If everything fails, serve the s8 and s21 notices and advise the council accordingly as the tennant will go off to the homeless section to get rehoused on the basis of eviction!
hope this helps !

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.