Call from Enfield Council Housing Officer
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
9 Posts
15 years ago
Please could i have some advice on the following issue:

I have let to a tenant on Housing Benefit on a AST from 01 December 2007 to 01 December 2008 and gave Noitce at the start of the tenancy stating I wanted property back on 01 December 2008.

I recently thought about selling the property and discussed this with the tenant. She was happy to move.

I served Notice again dated 01 September 2008 stating that I wanted property back in two months time, ie 01 November 2008.

Today I got a call from Enfield Council Housing Office telling me that "I could not serve Notice within the period of a fixed term contract".

I disputed this and stated that I must give the tenant AT LEAST two months Notice to end the tenancy after the initial 6 months.

Am I right? If not, what advice can you offer?



Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.