Protection from litigation
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
6 Posts
12 years ago
Due to recent problems with my own landlady who I may now need to sue, it got me thinking...

If someone sued me personally over a fairly trivial matter it could result in me getting a CCJ which will damage my ability to buy properties in future.

Can I set up a limited company, write future tenancy agreements in the company name (after giving it written authority to do so), and then it would be the company to get sued and not me personally.

I want to emphasise this would not be a tax dodge, it would be a company designed to break even only. I would also settle out of court unless I thought I could win... this is just for those 0.01% of worst case scenario planning.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.