Service Agreement?

0 Thanks
6 Posts
13 years ago
Hi all

My tenant and I agree he should pay more rent, but we want to bypass the extra expense of the letting agents fees.

Is there a separate way (to the 'Tenancy agreement') he and i can LEGALLY and 'Tax Declarably' exchange some money to do this?

I have heard of things called 'Service Agreements', do\could they achieve this?
Could he pay my builder for some of the maintenance work for example?

Is this a really bad idea? To the extent we should just do this through the letting agent?

Thank you

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.