Council tax
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
5 Posts
12 years ago
I rent my property to students on a room only tenancy agreement.
All tenants have signed the RLA standard Tenancy agreement (room only).

The council recently contacted me to confirm the above then told me that one of the students had become an apprentice which is not exempt from council tax. Therefore it is the landlord that has to pay!

Is this correct even though the tenancy agreement states that it's the tenants responsibility to pay all the bills?????

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.