Friend moving into house
Tax Planning and Financial

1 Thanks
38 Posts
17 years ago
My friend and her two sons are moving into my house when we move shortly. She is single and is also a foster carer. This is the first time I will have experience of a housing benefit tenant. The market rent for the property is £700 pcm, however we have agreed a rent of £580 (The mortgage is £680). £96pw will be met by local authority and she will make up the difference. I believe that due to her fostering she receives extra money that will enable her to make up the difference.

I intend to increase the rent each year in line with local authority rises, can this be prevented by the local authority?
Also would I be lawful to ask for proof of income from fostering to be sure that the difference is affordable?

Any replies grateful.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.