Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
7 Posts
17 years ago
We have been letting our house to a couple, the 6 month shorthold tenancy was rolled over on 1st December 2006. The couple have apparently split up and the lady tenant has advised that she is unable to afford the £520 pcm rent from now on and has cancelled the direct debit arrangement. We have a £400 mortgage on the property and obviously need to cover this somehow. We would welcome your advice as to what we can do. How do we give them notice to quit in view of being unable to pay the rent, how much notice do we have to give and is there an RLA letter we could use to do this. Are we also able to advertise for other tenants?
Thanks for your help.

Diane and Philip Osborne

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.