New Tenancy Contracts
Tax Planning and Financial

1 Thanks
116 Posts
17 years ago
The new tenant for one of my properties is having his bond and first months rent paid bt the the SSAFA. (B.Legion funded).I had never heard of this organisation before but app they help all ex servicemen regardless of length of service or age of the tenant and in all sorts of circumstance, housing being one of them. They have sent a cheque after two days of my tenant applying for the full amount owed to me after I faxed over all details on the contract etc.(could not believe how helpful and prompt they were). With the bond coming from them and not the tenant can anyone tell me do we still have to put it into the new deposit scheme?
How do I join the new tenancy deposit scheme?( not the insurance one?)

Another question please, if my tenant has gas central heating in the property and a gas fire, the gas fire needs replacing as its had a gas safety check and failed, am I by law obliged to put a new fire in or can we say use the central heating as we are supplying some sort of warmth? (Not being mean but this is a tenant who I am trying to get out of my property legally, hopefully in the next couple of weeks and I do not want to spend money putting in a new fire whilst she is there, what is she trashes the place.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.