Licence or short hold tenancy
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
2 Posts
16 years ago
Hi, I have two HMO properties and I have given all the occupants a three month House share agreement licence which is extendable by consent. I have just received verbal communication from my local council that these are not worth the paper they are written on as all the tenants automatically come under a Short Hold Tenancy and are protected by law as such. They state that a licence can only be issued if I live at the property. Are they right?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.