Feed in Tariff
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
1 Posts
11 years ago
1. Am I right in thinking that where a landlord installs PV panels at a residential property, the Feed-in Tariff is taxable and he cannot claim capital allowances on the installation costs. None of the websites I've looked at spell this out in clear simple terms?

2. Is there any possibility of the landlord being treated as running a power generating business (rather than a rental business) and therefore being allowed to claim capital allowances which would result in a loss?

Many thanks for your help

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.