what do I do?
Tenancy Deposits

0 Thanks
3 Posts
15 years ago
I am currently renting out my property to someone who has not paid any rent since he moved in in October. I let out my property through an estate agents who were to fully manange it. The estate agents did not inform me that he was not paying until February (they paid me three payments on his behalf) I am in dispute with the agents and not talking to them due to the many mistakes and poor service they gave me(no refernces,bank checks etc etc!).

I am in the lengthy process of evicting my tenant. As my agents are no longer acting on my behalf and the property has not been checked I would like to go into it myself and see the condition in which it is being kept in.

What is the procedure for doing this? Phonecall,letter,email? or all of the above?

Do I need to give 24hour notice ?

Thanking you

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.