want to give notice
Tenancy Deposits

0 Thanks
18 Posts
15 years ago
I want to give notice to a tenant but need to rectify some things. The have been in the property for 4 years. I had arranged with Britis Gas to provide the gas certificate but after 2 years they had stopped doing it.Does a new one have to be given yearly or is only if there is a change of tenancy?

Also only the husband has signed the agreement and he ha put pp and signed on behalf of the wife. Is that valid?

Until recently I did not know that even if the tenancy started as its renewed I had to put the deposit in the TDS. Can I do it now and if so can the tenants sue me for the delay?. I genuinely thought it was ok and that it was only for tenants who started after April last year.


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.