Managing a property for a colleague
Tenancy Deposits

Deva Blue Boy
Deva Blue Boy
0 Thanks
19 Posts
15 years ago

A colleague of my who owns a flat has asked me to manage the property. Having managed my own properties for several years I feel comfortable in most aspects of been a landlord, however someone else’s property feels like a different proposition.

Regarding the AST - I have a couple questions (based on using a RLA AST)

Should the address where the tenant can write to the landlord (section V) be my address acting as the agent or the landlords?

Does the Landlord have to sign whilst in the presence of the tenant or can I sign it on his behalf of the landlord?

Also, if anyone else has any other points I should be aware of it would be appreciated to know

Kind regards


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.