Ensuring I can claim the rental deposit lodged with the DPS
Tenancy Deposits

0 Thanks
2 Posts
12 years ago
My tenants are in arrears and have not paid rent for several months. I served a Section 8 notice several months ago. I was going to have to issue a court order as the tenants wanted council housing and the council would not relocate them without it, but the tenants have now agreed to move out of their own accord. What documentation do I need the tenant to sign to show they agreed to end the tenancy and move out? I beleive I have to have a signed Stat Dec too in order to be able to claim the rental deposit from the DPS to cover some of the outstanding rent? Please advise the best course of action to ensure we have the right documents.Many thanks.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £85 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.