Cash Advance v Deposit
Tenancy Deposits

NRLA Landlord Support
NRLA Landlord Support
11 years ago
If you are currently holding money for say the last month rent then that is in law a deposit which should have been protected. Any s21 you have issued will be invalid and you will have to protect that money and issue a new s21.
If you have not been paid money other than for the first month rent then put NIL in the deposit section. The fact that the AST shows NIL DEPOSIT should be OK
Dave A

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.