New tenants want family member to stay for 2 months
Tenancy Types and Management

Mrs F
Mrs F
0 Thanks
9 Posts
12 years ago
I have 2 new tenants (a married couple) who wish to have his brother live / stay with them for 2 months when they move in. The AST will be with the couple but do I need to put anything in writing to say that they have permission for the family member to stay for 2 months? Is there anything else I need to think about? I am aware that if he doesn't go it would be hard to evict him in the future as there is no agreement with me and he won't be paying rent.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.