Who's to pay

1 Thanks
45 Posts
12 years ago
I have full British Gas cover. electrics, plumbing and drains since a month after my tenant moved in nov 2009. So they have serviced the boiler and carried out repairs over the time as needed. For some reason my tenant had a problem with the boiler calls out a local plumber who I previously used (before brit gas) of details she still had to the repair of £180. The first I hear of it is when the bill arrives from the plumbing company. I cannot understand why they did the work without querying with the landlord and also where I stand now as she states she cannot afford it. Also problem still not sorted and now had to call out brit gas anyway.She states she thought it was still the company we previously had despite not used for months! Any advice please on how to proceed.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.