Tenant looks like leaving without paying rent owed
Tenancy Types and Management

NMF Cotswolds
NMF Cotswolds
0 Thanks
8 Posts
17 years ago
A DSS tenant has agreed to vacate my property, but she is 3 months in arrears with the rent, and I have a feeling she is not going to pay up on leaving. What is my best course of action in trying to ensure I get all the money owed, especially if I am not given a forwarding address. I do however hold the address of her parents.

I have been studying the "Money Claim Online" website, but am concerned the tenant may "disappear", and as I understand it, you need an address for the person you are claiming against. I do not hold her NI number but do have a DOB.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.