Best way of enforcing judgment?
Tenancy Types and Management

2 Thanks
39 Posts
17 years ago
Having got my possession order and judgment for arrears of £1500, the tenant has left (sometime before we got the order) I don't know where he is, or if he has a job, or anything really useful. I note from RLA pages that I can get an attachment of earnings order (if he has got a job and I can track down his employer, but as he left tons of undelivered leaflets and other (fairly worthless) belongings in the flat, this seems unlikely) or something similar on his bank account (if there's anything in it.) Please can you advise what it is best to do? Would you spend money on a private detective to try to find the guy, or apply for money from his bank account using any old bank details I can find? What address would you put on the court form, as we now have possession and he is not there? And finally, can I burn all the abandoned leaflets and sell the odd bits of sports gear at a boot sale? Thanks for your help.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.