Adult children and rent payment
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
7 Posts
16 years ago
I've recently rented a property to a lady and her three adult children (17, 19, 21 yrs). The "children" are all students and only the lady herself wanted to be responsible for the rent. I have therefore used your AST and named the lady as the "tenant" and have entered under the section who is entitled to live there as "tenant" and her children. She has just sent me a cheque for the first months rent - but the cheque is from her son's bank account.

If I accept the cheque does that mean that the son becomes a "tenant". Should I ask her to get her son to pay a cheque into her account and that she should issue a cheque to me herself?


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.