Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
2 Posts
17 years ago
I've applied for accelerated posseion through the courts on the 22/12/06. I have recived the confirmation of this from the courts and have forwarded on the form that they ask the tenant to give me possesion and pay the costs on the 12/1/07.

I have not heard anything since this date from the courts. The teanants have I belive paid the agency the rent but the agency are not forwarding me the rent as they say they are entitled to there mgm fees now that i am terminating and they will not forward the rent. I've gone through the contract but see no terms where it says they can hold the rent money which is in excess of there annual fees.

What can I do to 1) collect the money that is owing to me? 2) to get possesion of the property?.

Can the agency do this - can i check with any organisation and complain? Who can I check with if the terms in the contract between the agency and me are unfair?

Thanks in advance

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.