Major league problem tenant
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
24 Posts
17 years ago
I have a man in my house as a lodger. I said could he please find somewhere else to leave that was 5 weeks ago and he has still not moved out. I don't know what to do because i know i can't physically touch him to get him out of house because then i would be accused of assault. What can i do to get rid of him. Since he has known i want him out of my house he has been saying i have been harassing him which is not true, in fact he has been making me feel unsafe in my house, he is genuinely very difficult and anti-social to live with and just is too lazy to move out and he thinks the way to stay in the house is just to intimidate me because he knows i can't physically get him out with me being female. Also he knows if he accuses me falsely of harrassment he can get the CAB and those kind of people trying to help him.
My question is legally what can i do to move this guy out because he won't go voluntarily. When i went away for the weekend he had a friend sleeping in my bed, it then turned out he has a key to my room (which wasnt got legally) so i really don't know what to do.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.