Tenancy Agreement Renew?
Tenancy Types and Management

3 Thanks
116 Posts
15 years ago
Hi Dave,

Issue 1) Tenant A and Tenant B live in my property. However, they have split up and Tenant B has moved out but is still paying the rent on behalf of Tenant A.

Do I need to section 21 Tenant B in order to issue a new tenancy agreement to tenant A to prevent a possible dispute later on with regards to potential eviction? Does the fact that Tenant B is paying rent complicate anything?

Issue 2) I have a few lucky tenants who are on AST's at the moment whose rents are linked to base rate. Do I need to issue an official rent change document to them and issue them with new AST's for the lower rental amount? At the moment I have been instructing them via letter.

Thanks muchly.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.