Forwarding address for small claims
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
7 Posts
17 years ago
I am currently in the process of regaining posession of my property through the courts via N5B &section 21(4a). I hope to use the small claims court to regain rent arrears &any damages.

Do I need an address for the tenant to start this? How can I obtain a forwarding address if the tenant refuses to provide one?

If this is problematic, should I start small claims proceedings before the tenants are evicted, bearing in mind that I won't know the extent of any arrears/damages until they leave.

Any advice would be welcome.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.