Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
3 Posts
17 years ago
My tenant is 4 months in arrears and has also breached the AST by moving her brother into the flat without my permission. She tells me she has lost her job and cannot afford to pay the rent. She has been to the houding benefits people who tell her that she can stay in my flat until i issue an eviction notice and only at that point will they find her somewhere else to live?
The tennancy ends on 16/06/07 what is the best thing for me to do? I have been advised to issue court proceedings or wait until 17/06/07 and issue a accelerated posession order - but i just dont know? and how do i go about getting the unpaid rent back?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.