Tenants Notice
Tenancy Types and Management

1 Thanks
14 Posts
17 years ago
I currently rent rooms out in my house (I do not live there) and all tenants 5 of them are on rolling contracts now as the 6 month AST period has expired on all of them. They are good tenants however I am paying the bills and this has caused me to run at a loss (they tend to have 2 showers each a day etc etc and leave lights on all night!).

I would like to obviously achieve a better rental agreement so I need advice in how to approach this. As I see it I have two options; first to advise them that bills are too high etc and ask them to pay the bills in their name or exit the house, or just hand over existing house to agent who will then issue Sect 21 notices and re-let house to family willing to pay rent and pay the bills?

All advice appreciate on which way I should tackle this. I don't want to get it wrong.



Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.