Debt recovery
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
3 Posts
17 years ago
Hi - using the on-line small claims service I have started proceedings to recover £1200 in back rent from an ex-tenant. They have completed the admission form showing a joint income of £304 per week and expenses totalling £304. They have offered to pay the debt at the rate of £1 per month which will take 100 years to recover!

I beleive the income information provided is incorrect as I am sure they will be receiving housing and other benefits not shown on the form. They have declared savings of £400.

How can I proceed? If I apply for judegement will the court simply accept the offer of £1 per month or set a higher amount?


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.