accelerated procedure
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
14 Posts
16 years ago
i have a tenant whom i have served a section 21 notice to him a year ago through the "landlord Action".The tenant denied he has received the notice.The Landlord action kindly provided me with 2 evidence of service. also Judge wanted to know if the property was HMO and needed a licence. Consulting with the relevant council, they confirmed verbally that as the house has been converted to seperate and self contained flats it did not need a licence.I send the necessary Docs to the court the District judge has asked me "the claim form must be re-served". Does he mean the accellerated procedure claim form? to be re-served? please help as we are desparate to evict this tenant who has ruined our lives.He has complained to the Healt and Environment office and every day he comes up with new issues.
I do not understand why the court can not be more specific and not so confusing., if he/she would have asked Repossession claim form, then I would have known what is he/she is talking about.My concern is that we send the form again and it will take another month and the notice 21 would be expired. and we have to serve a new notice etc etc. He does not pay his rent also and is in arrears by £3000.



Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.