Section 21 or 8 for rent arrears , plus court proceedures to claim monies !
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
1 Posts
16 years ago
I am about to serve a section 21 notice on a tenant in rent arrears.

Having served this notice, it is very probable that he will continue not to pay me for the following 2 mths.

Following this period, what is the correct proceedure for me to follow so as I might get my money back ?

If I threaten COURT, can you tell me the proceedure so as I can suggest to the tenant that I know what I am talking about.

Also, I have read that section 8 notices can be issued for breach of tenancy including rent arrears.When would I issue a section 8 and not a section 21 for arrears?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.