End of AST - tennat not going to sign new agreement
Tenancy Types and Management

10 Thanks
430 Posts
15 years ago
You will need to issue a section 13(2) notice to increase the rent after the fixed term, if the tenant will not sign a new agreement.

No you cannot enforce the new agreement if tenant will not sign. The alternative will be to get possession, but this does not sound to be a good option if the tenant is a good one, which she must be if you have offered her a new fixed term.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.