Shared house
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
2 Posts
12 years ago
I have house which I hva let it out to 2 couples and 2 individuals.
I have a AST agreement on stadard form Agree20/1 by Oyez with all their names and signatures on the same form.
I now want to change this to individual(or a couple) AST agreement,i.e have a separate AST agreement for each room and common
areas. However, the tenants should still share the utility bills.
I think this type of agreements are called licenses. But then will these qualify as assured shorthold tenancy agreements?
At the moment the gas bill is in one tenant's name and the electricity bill in another tenant's name. As far as possible I want this arrangement to continue.
Could you suggest an agreement form for such a arrangement, please!

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.