1 Thanks
30 Posts
13 years ago

I hope someone can help please?

I have a tenant (who left on bad terms, as he breached the tenancy agreement). I gave them back the FULL bond, and thought that was that.

After 4 weeks, he had come back to me asking for his post. When we did the key handover at the end of January, he informed me (because I always check). Have you put a re-direction in place? Which his reply was 'YES'.

I have been posting his post back into the postal system marked 'no longer at this address'. He gave me his forwarding address, but I am reluctant to give him any favours, especially when he said he had a re-direction in place.

Legally, am I able to post back through the letterbox around the corner 'no longer at this address'.

If anyone knows the correct legalities around this, it be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.