Tenant on benefits advice

0 Thanks
5 Posts
14 years ago
Hi there I have a potential tenant who is on housing benefit and would like to rent my property. She is 17 with a small baby and I am concerned about receiving the rent.

She has been renting elsewhere and the landlord is willing to give a reference. However I am unsure as to how the council benefits will be paid and how much. I am considering asking her mother to be guarantor.

ARe there also any other options than taking deposits as she may not be able to find the amount I am looking for.

I would like some advice on how to proceed and the risks.



Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.