0 Thanks
4 Posts
15 years ago
I have a tenant that has called me today requesting repairs to be carried out on her cooker which is not working, it is built in and was let as an appliance with the property, also her radiator is not working.
This tenant is calling me twenty four hours a day constantly! but the landlady has informed me that gas appliances are covered by British gas service but has not supplied a contract number for it or contact number. She has told me to inform the tenant to find the number from the yellow pages and also told me to tell her to call the service engineers for the cooker as it is under warranty.
I confirm no numbers have been supplied let alone policy numbers to either myself or the tenant. The tenant in now getting increasingly irate with me however i have no authority to fix these repairs from the landlord.
Please bear in mind this landlady is a solicitor.
Can you advise how i would move forward other than my giving notice to the landlady withdrawing from managing these properties.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.