Ensleigh Insurance

0 Thanks
2 Posts
15 years ago
I have a landlords insurance policy with Endsleigh at the moment. My tenants left of their own accord abrubtly leaving a mess and distruction. My insurance company say I am not insured because the damage was caused by the tenants and I was covered for burglary damage.
I am currently complaining to the company and have notified the Financial Ombudsman Service.
I would have thought that any landlords insurance would be cover for the very thing landlords tend to have....tenants.
Do you have any advice for me?
Part of the small print tells me what you are covered for but there is another section stipulating the contents are not covered for damage caused by tenants.
I suppose I should have checked the policy more carefully but I looked at the benefits and not the exclusions and just felt it obvious that landlords insurance will cover me for tenants.
Ian Sleeper

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.