Council tax and TV licence for HMO`s
HMO Licensing

Kev beck
Kev beck
0 Thanks
16 Posts
13 years ago
Forgive me if these q`s have been asked before, I have done a search but could not find a simple yes or no answer.

I am installing a TV in the living room, which I will pay the TV licence ( live out LL), if the tennants buy or bring their own for the bedrooms ( there is a TV socket in the bedrooms) are the tennants liable for the licence? Can I ask to see it? Do I need to get them to sign a disclaimer?

Council Tax.
The HMO is in Staffordshire, 4 bedrooms, sleeps 4 single people from different family units. What council tax do I pay? - Whatever the band the house is in? or more?

thank you

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.