5 Bed Shared House
HMO Licensing

3 Thanks
116 Posts
14 years ago

I have a property in St Helens that I let as a shared house that falls just under scope for HMO regs. Its been like this for 18 months since I bought it. I have been having some problems with the neighbours who insist that my tenans are noisy. Despite doing everything I can to rectify the situation including getting up at 4am to go listen for myself, the guy is still unhappy.

Out of the blue I get a call from local council planning department who are suggesting that my prperty has had a Change of use or Deemed change of use and who now want to inspect.

Do we need to make an application to our Local Council, St Helens Council Planning Department for change of use for a 5 bed shared house?

Many thanks,

A Slightly Worried Landlord

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.