Taking over flats - sorting payments from HB

2 Thanks
15 Posts
12 years ago
We are part way through completion of purchase of a house that's been converted into flats.

At least some of the tenants are getting rent paid direct from the council.
The RLA tenancy agreement does not contain clauses that are on their original tenancy agreement that state that tenants must make arrangements with LA to pay HB direct to LL and state, as the reason 'change of circumstances'
Am I ok adding these clauses to the Addendum page?

Also, am I best asking the tenants if they will sign a new TA with me? If they are willing, but they don't want to increase the term is it ok to set up a TA for, say, 3 months?


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.