Insurance - ordinary or landlord

58 Thanks
435 Posts
11 years ago
You should tell your insurance broker and they will provide 'unoccupied' property insurance (more expensive and less cover), if you then notify them when the property is let they can either amend the existing policy, or it may be cheaper to cancel it and take out a normal landlord's insurance policy. Even if someone is living in the house you should notify your insurer if building works are being carried out otherwise you may find yourself not covered in the event of a claim.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.